Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 6

Week 5 I spent most of my time working on the presentation and also talking among the half scale bogie team regarding integration of systems and what goals we must meet as a group.

For this week (week 6), I worked on calculations for the brake force needed for each of the bogie. Using parameters such as braking from 20 MPH to 0 MPH at a braking distance of 50 ft, along with using 17 degree incline. Using momentum equation and Newtown's 2nd law. Some of the calculations are seen in the image provided. The parameters might change depending on materials used (e.g. friction for wheel, weight adjustment, etc.). I will have to double check with my partner and the other sub-teams to make sure the parameters are set similar across the team.

Furthermore, the team will continue to discuss with Wayside and solar as to the power requirements needed to supply our propulsion and braking system.

No comments:

Post a Comment